Sunday, February 22, 2015

Happy Belated Chinese New Year

Hello there. Whoopsy, things were piling up on me a bit and I missed blogging for a few days. And, to all my family and friends that celebrated the Chinese New Year, happy belated New Year! I celebrated long distance by face timing with my mom, brother & SIL.

In case you didn't know, this past Thursday we enter year of the goat. Random fact. ;) I have to say that besides Christmas and birthdays, I miss celebrating the Chinese New Year. I miss the  tradition of going to the temple with my family in the morning of the new year. I miss the midnight prayer. I have always love those moments and now that I am older, I appreciate those moments even more.

On the new year day itself, I went out to lunch with my cousin and that's about it. No big celebration. Sigh... The downfall of being away from my main family. However, my family always make sure I don't feel left out and they sent me quite a few pictures. Gahhh... my niece... she melts my heart. Here's some pics of her doing the greeting for the new year.


                                     


The Wirianta's family.

And, yes, on this side of the world, on that day I was wearing red as well. Here's to a prosperous year filled with good health and many blessings. :)

Now, let's get on to card shall we. I have this card for i {heart} papers that I want to share.
i {heart} papers supplies: Wplus9 Spring Blooms,
Technique Tuesday AE Loving Words

As you know the store is closing and Saturday, February 28th would be the final day. Everything in the store is 65% off and whatever not sold, Kate will donate the to charity. There's still a few stamps and misc. items left. Hurry if you want to score some good deals before it all goes away. I will totally miss ihp.

Well, that's all for me for this Sunday. Hoping to catch a movie and watch the Oscar  later today. Enjoy your Sunday.

4 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Happy New Year! I was wearing red too :)

Kara Lynne said...

So sorry you can't be with your family on these occasions. I enjoyed seeing the pictures! Your card is beautiful, I love the sentiment!

Celeste Goff said...

Happy New Year to you and yours as well! I'm sorry that you will not be able to be there to enjoy this with your family.

Shelly said...

Happy New Year! Wonderful pics and such a sweet card!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...